The Ministry of Health and Sanitation today 27th January 2020 hold Emergency Preparedness Resilient Response Group (EPRRG) Meeting at Directorate of Health Security and Emergency office, EOC Building, Wilkinson Road, Freetown. The EPRRG is a group that comprises of representative from various governments of Sierra Leone Ministries and Agencies and Health Partners.
The purpose of the meeting is to give update on the current outbreak of Corona virus in China, Sierra Leone preparedness level and to further put more preparedness measures in place.
Dr. Mohamed Vandi, Director Health Security and Emergencies outlined key public health interventions that has being taken by the government of Sierra Leone as preparedness towards the corona virus:
- IPC commodities supplied to Lungi airport (veronica bucket and stands, liquid soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, imperial thermometer)
- IPC commodities supplied to hospital in Western Area Urban
- Ongoing orientation of health facility staff are on Infection Prevention and Control at border Crossing districts to heighten screening and hand hygiene compliance
- Intensified screening at airport
- Press Release issued on Sierra Leone preparedness
- Circulate question and answers on Coronavirus
- Alerted District Social Mobilization Officers on the trend of Corona virus across the world
- Reviewing key messages for Corona virus ongoing
- Radio and television engagement ongoing
- Adaptation of WHO Case definition
- Orientation of HCWs
- Heighten surveillance across the country
A list of planned activities were also presented and Rev. Canon Dr. T.T. Samba requested the various pillar to develop a preparedness plan.